Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Building a new home?  Adding on a deck?  Moving in a new shed?  Putting up a fence?

If you are planning on building a new structure or making an addition to an existing structure or lot within the City of Twin Valley you are required by State Law to have a Building Permit before construction begins.

In accordance with City Ordinance—No person shall erect, alter or replace any structure within the city unless the structure complies with the applicable requirements of this code and the person has obtained a land use permit from the City Clerk certifying compliance with all of the applicable requirements of this code. (150.06)

The Twin Valley City Council must approve all new construction and remodeling projects within the City of Twin Valley before the project is started.


Application for Building/Zoning/Land Use Permits are available for download below, or at the Twin Valley City Hall, 107 2nd St SW.



If you are unsure if you need a building permit or have questions in regards to zoning, setback requirements, or applicable fees, Contact City Hall @ 218.584.5254.